Hi guys! Kamusta kayo?
Tagal nating hindi nakapagkwentuhan! Nabusy kami kakapasyal! 😉
Nga pala, if you’re looking for a short itinerary here in Sydney, just click this link 😉
San pala plans nyo this Holy week?
If you’re around Sydney, you might want to visit the Shrine of Our Lady of Mercy at Penrose Park in Berrima NSW – click here! which is a huge pilgrimage site. We visited last weekend. Ongoing pa nga lang ang video editing hehe! But we’ll try to post our visit before Easter Sunday so you’ll have an idea of the place 😉
Anyway, I was also busy attending job application interviews. Pangatlong interview ko na to since March pero wala pa rin akong trabaho haha! Sige lang, try lang ng try ;))
With this, I thought I’d share my personal interview preparations together with some interview questions I encountered during the past 3 interviews.
*Please be advised that this is only based on my personal experience and I am just sharing this to impart information to my fellow applicants.
Here are my personal tips for an upcoming interview:
- Take note of the interview date, time, and place. – Don’t forget to acknowledge and reply to the email if you’re agreeable on the scheduled interview. Muntik ko na mamiss yung isang interview ko kasi hindi pala ako nakareply! Naexcite kasi ako! haha! Buti na lang naalala ko din agad, hehe!
- Be familiar with your travel route. – Check the travel time to the interview place beforehand and try to come at least 15 minutes before the interview time. Para may time pang magretouch hehe!
- Read the job advertisement carefully – Check the job description and the position available if it’s for full time, part-time, or casual position and decide what position you want prior to coming to the interview.
- Research the company – Read its history, mission, and vision.
- Scan notes and have a brief review. – I personally do not rely on my stock knowledge 😉
- Prepare necessary documents – Prepare a copy of passport, visa, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police check, working with children check, vaccination records, other supporting identification, and detailed documents that they ask you to bring on the interview. Bring the original documents as well as they would want to verify the copies.
- Keep your referees informed. – Inform your referees on your application making sure that they still remember you and that they agree. We don’t want our referees to be caught unprepared and not be able to give positive feedback about you.
- Have a good rest the night before the interview. – Beauty rest 😉
- Dress professionally. – Come to the interview neat and tidy.
- Don’t forget to smile!
- Bring snacks. – Ako gutom agad after interview eh! haha!
In addition to that, these are some of the job interview questions I encountered here in Australia during my 3 interviews. Eto lang mga naalala ko hehe!
- Tell me/us about yourself.
- What’s your idea of the job position you are applying to?
- Why do you want to work here? What do you think this company can offer you?
- What’s your greatest strength?
- What’s your weakness?
- If you are given a task you don’t know, what will you do?
- Why did you leave your previous employer?
- What’s your biggest frustration at work?
- Any errors you’ve encountered in your work experience?
- Describe a challenging problem you faced at work and how did you solve it?
- Give a specific example of a time when you knew you did a good job as a nurse.
- What challenges are you looking forward to the position?
- What type of colleague do you least like to work with?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
At the end of the interview, they might ask you if you have any questions for them. I usually ask one of these questions depending on the situation.
- If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the reason for the job vacancy?
- How would you describe a typical day and week in this position?
- What is the typical career path for someone in this role?
Personally, I had 3 interviews since March this year and I noticed that the questions are mostly similar. Interviews last for 15-30 minutes. I still feel anxious before the interview but as much as possible I try to relax and show enough confidence during the interview. The key is to practice.
Gawa din ako ng other post with regards to job hunting, kung paano ako nagaapply and lagay ko din kung sang mga sites ako nagccheck ng job applications. Abangan nyo yan guys! 😉
Try lang tayo ng try! Ipagpray natin kay God na ibigay nya satin yung workplace na para satin.. 😉
9 “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.Luke11: 9-10
All the best satin guys! ;))
You can watch my short video here! 😉
Thank you for taking the time to read this story. Feel free to comment for any questions and other topics you might want us to share and we will try our best to reply as soon as we can. 😉