Early last year, I started using a planner for the first time which was a gift from hubby. It was plain and simple so I decided to design it myself.
I called it my 365 days of happiness.
At first, I was constantly using it daily for a month. Then it became weekly. Until there were days that I’m too lazy to fill it up and I felt the hassle of carrying it everywhere I go. After some time, I just totally forgot about it and I figure out, it won’t work for me. And then we broke up! hehe.
My hubby helped me look for alternatives then. He suggested using Trello. I downloaded it right away, and I’ve been using it for nearly a year now.
Why do I like it?
- It’s a mobile app, which I like cause I save myself from the stress of forgetting to bring the physical planner which is an additional weight to my already heavy bag. And because I’m bringing my phone everywhere I go, I can make changes directly on my phone.
- You can share it with a team. Another good thing is that you can make a team board which you can share with others. I am sharing our family planner board to my hubby and both of us can see every detail. If he wants to make some changes or add up some info, he can. He can also write comments on a particular card and I will then receive notifications.
- Stickers & Labels. One reason that made me use an actual planner is the use of stickers. I’m maarte kind of person and I used to decorate the planner with all the colorful and decorative stickers. In Trello, you can also place stickers on your card and label it on your own preference.
- I feel more organized. I can make as many boards as I like and separate the tasks in different lists in a way that I can easily see the urgent things I need to accomplish. I can also remind myself of the task by setting a due date.
- It’s FREE! I only got the basic plan which is free, but they also have this Trello Gold which I don’t think I really need it for now since I’m happy with the basic usage.
These are my sample boards.
Our family planner. (last January)
I am sharing this board with my hubby and so I made a legend for his reference. He knows that he should be very mindful with all the blues and red. (of course, I still do remind him!). The rest is mostly for me. I have the list of the upcoming events. Weekly and monthly tasks are separated, as well as our short and long term goals to keep us on track. Once I’m done with some of the cards, I transferred them to archive in case I need to use it again.
We also have a separate board for our financial matters which is also a team board with my hubby, of course. Here he would be able to see my monthly budget allocation and summary of our expenses. There’s also a quick view of our investments so we know where our hard earned money are allocated. Other cards include the list of our anticipated expenses, payments’ due, and other related money matters. I attached some charts for him to easily visualize our financial track and usually discuss it once a month.
Aside from team boards, I have my personal boards as well just to keep me updated on my personal tasks. I called it ME time. I specifically created an individual daily card list so I would know what I need to do on a particular day.
Another board I created is my menu plan. I haven’t finished my menu plan yet, hehe! But here, I can plan my menu for a week so I would know what to buy for our weekly groceries.
Actually, I haven’t totally explored Trello that much, yet I’m already happy with the basic things. I want to share this with people who are still finding a planner that would fit them.
*This is not a sponsored post*